Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Free From Condemnation


(Picture via Pinterest & Proverbs 31 Ministries ) 

If you have been condemned or felt unworthy to live out your life’s purpose, then you need to read this.

Let me start by saying that I understand.

Several years ago, I felt the sting of condemnation. It was a very dark time in life that I never planned for. In the midst of the darkness, I choked. I made some decisions that weren't God honoring. In my honest spirit, I made strives to own my mistakes and find resolve. Instead, Satan worked overtime. A bigger mess was made of the situation and my heart. 

It was at this time that words were spoken to me that said I would never be allowed to minister in my called capacity again.  I conceited. This person whom I respected, followed, and fought for was right. God would never use me.

I quickly stopped caring. I didn't have the energy or desire to fight the battle. And I certainly didn't care how others perceived me which, for a season, spawned a reckless and bitter woman.

Although the words and thoughts of condemnation often repeated in my mind, there was one thing that I couldn't escape. That was God’s love.

Don’t get me wrong I fought it. I have told Him how horrible I was. I recalled all my life’s failures one by one and often have gone back to the list to add more.

I cried out, “I’m unworthy.” 

He responded, “But I am perfect. I died for you. In your weakness, I am strong.”

Hear me when I say, the journey has been long. Not because God wasn't ready, but because I wasn't ready to believe Him. I chose to listen to condemnation. Thoughts that told me that although my God could conquer the grave, there was no way He could restore me.

Then I was reminded of two men. Moses and Peter.

Moses was a murderer. Yet God restored him, used him, and let glory shine through him.

Peter walked with Jesus. He saw the miracles. Listened to the teachings. Yet in a time of darkness, Peter denied Christ. Not once, but three times. 

What happened? After the resurrection, Jesus came to Peter, restored him, and told him to minister to the people (if you love me, feed my sheep). The result? In one day about 3,000 people believed in Christ because of Peter’s obedience to minister.

I am tired of living without purpose, aren't you? I mean we certainly have it. We have just chosen to believe that we can’t fulfill it.  We have chosen to believe that our shortcomings are stronger than God’s glory.  

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 
Romans 8:1 (NLT)

It’s time to hear truth. Allow Jesus to pursue you, restore you, and use you to fulfill His calling on your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment