Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Escape the Noise. Tune into Value.

                                      

Ever feel like there is a lot of noise in the world, and your voice just adds to it?

I know I do. I don't think it's intentional. It's just human nature. I'm selfish. I want my voice heard. I want to speak my mind. I want to lobby for what makes me comfortable, and I don't care whose news feed I flood with it. 

And from the looks of social media, I'm not the only one working this system.

So are we wrong? I wouldn't say wrong. Freedom of speech is an amazing thing. I would say however that we aren't always helpful. 
 
Sometimes the noise crowds our life and spirit. If we aren't careful, we could get so tangled up comparing ourselves to the life appearance of others that before we know it we have strayed far from our purpose and passion and found ourselves unfulfilled. 
 
If you are tired this cycle and have found yourself entangled in comparisons and unproductive wonderings or have lost your vision, here is what I'm suggesting. We cut through the unneccesary noise and become intentional about what we allow to come into and out of our lives. 

I believe that we can do this with one simple question: Does this message add value ... ?  

If it is a message you are taking into your life, does it add value to your personal, emotional, and spiritual growth while staying in line with your unique purpose? If it is a message you are sharing with others, does it add value to the receipent while staying true to who you are? Answering yes signals you proceed while answering no cautions you to stop. 

Now we're ready to tune out the noise and tune into value. 

Above everything else, guard your heart. It is where your life comes from.
                                                                                                    (Proverbs 4:23 NIrV)



No comments:

Post a Comment