Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

A Review of Seth Godin's book, Tribes – Top Ideas Any Leader Can Use

Recently I read the book Tribes by Seth Godin. I am convinced that Seth is a genius. He empowers all who will to lead. He has created a culture, a tribe if you will, to effected change whenever and wherever it’s needed. He celebrates rebel rousers with a cause, and inspires a good multitude of people to think differently about marketing their idea. As simple as some of the ideas in the book are, I am amazed at the profound roots they have.

Tribes is small book that should be a quick read, but if you’re like me, you will need time to absorb it and re-read sections. All this being said, I highly recommend anyone looking to gain influence to spread an idea read this. 

Here is a list of my SEVEN favorite ideas and quotes from the book:

“What most people want in a leader is something that’s very difficult to find: we want someone who listens.”

“Every leader is different. The very nature of leadership is that you’re not doing what’s been done before. If you were, you’d be following, not leading.”

Leaders don’t care about getting credit, they care about their mission, spreading the faith, seeing something happen.

“If your organization requires success before commitment, it will never have either.”

“It’s the world’s job to get you to be quiet and follow. The status quo is the status quo for a reason.”

“Caring is the key emotion at the center of the tribe.”

“Leaders make a ruckus”
___________________________________________________________

Now that you see the great stuff that awaits are you ready to read it? If so, leave a comment telling what you hope to gain from the book.

Have you read Tribes? If so, leave me a comment sharing its impact on you.

I’ll go first: I read the book because I want to be a difference maker, to crush the status quo, and leave things better than I found them.  Reading Tribes has given me great insight into how I can do that through my blog and Cool Table Ministries, a non-profit my husband and I started.


Can’t wait to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment