Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Fragmented at Heart: Broken People Made Whole - Part 5




We have reached the final part of this series. I truly hope that along the way you have discovered that your brokenness doesn’t disqualify you from being made whole. In fact, I hope you have seen how a beautiful mosaic can be made with those stained broken pieces of your life.


Along the journey we have talked about healing, forgiveness, power, and even how our own actions play a part in a better story. In all of that, I have pointed to God and wisdom from both life experiences and scripture. Then in part 4 of this series, I pointed out the fact that we needed to be responsible for our part of the story and trust God to fulfill His promises.


How and why do we trust God? Knowing the complexity of the question I left some with, I signed off to leave it for another day, and today is that day.


Brace yourself because I am about to answer the seemingly unanswerable: I don't know. That's right you have read this painfully long series to hear me say “I don't know.”


I can't give you a one size fits all answer. I can't step into your life and sculpt a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ, the Savior that God sent for you. I can't tell you your how and why, but I can tell you mine.


I acknowledged that I needed a Savior who was Jesus.


For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20


Then I went on the journey of life with that acknowledgement. It has been ugly at times. I have gone my own way. I have been ignorant and arrogant, and I have been wise. I have been redirected and challenged. Through it all I can say I have never once been without anything I have truly needed. Yes, there has been temporary discomfort, but it's was to my benefit. It was in those times that I came out stronger and more equipped. So for me, trusting God has been more than a belief. It has been a life truth proven by experience.  


Trust is a process of personal experience. With what I’ve learned so far, I’d encourage you that wherever you are in the process to jump out and test the waters of God’s promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment