Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Ditch Perfectionism Choose Excellence Instead.

In a in previous post, I encouraged you to join me as we learn to let go of perfection and embrace progress.  It was a war cry for you and me to move forward in life and make an impact even as we are in process ourselves. There is one more point I would like to make. Being released from perfectionism isn't a buy out to be sloppy. Instead, it is a call for excellence. After all, I believe progress is excellence in motion.

Here are a few differences between excellence and perfectionism:

Excellence performs every task to the very best of its ability.
Perfectionism performs every task believing that no matter what, it is never good enough. 

Perfectionism lives in a constant comparison of external circumstances.
Excellence charts internal development. 

Excellence embodies growth and continual learning.
Perfectionism believes they are an indication of failure. After all, a perfect person lacks nothing.

Perfectionism leaves one discontent.
Excellence brings satisfaction.

You don’t have to be perfect. Be excellent instead.


Where can excellence provide balance in your life?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were able to take away something from the post! "Embrace progress" is definitely something that I have to remind myself often.

    ReplyDelete