Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Lessons from the Trail


After dropping the kids off for the first day of the new school year, the husband and I headed to the Greenway for a run.

Being a country girl, the first step onto that wooded trail awakened my senses and made me truly feel alive! There was an excitement that could not be contained.  I found myself shouting “This is awesome!”  Although not marked by girlish screams, my husband shared in the excitement as well.

As the run progressed, I started noting several lessons the trail was teaching me, and they are worth sharing. Here are a few:


  • The terrain is ever changing. If you fail to stay engaged in the present you just might trip.

  • The journey is sweeter when shared with the ones you love.

  • You never know what may block the path, but there is a way around it or through it.

  • Beauty can be found in the most unexpected places.

  • Sometimes you have to get a little dirty. (Thanks to many muddy spots I learned this well)

  • The beginning is exciting; the end is welcomed, but it’s the journey on the trail that grows you.

Life is waiting … go live it to the fullest!

Shante

 


                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment