After dropping the kids off for the first day of the new school year, the husband and I headed to the Greenway for a run.
Being a country girl, the first step onto that wooded trail awakened my senses and made me truly feel alive! There was an excitement that could not be contained. I found myself shouting “This is awesome!” Although not marked by girlish screams, my husband shared in the excitement as well.
As the run progressed, I started noting several lessons the trail was teaching me, and they are worth sharing. Here are a few:
- The terrain is ever changing. If you fail to stay engaged in the present you just might trip.
- The journey is sweeter when shared with the ones you love.
- You never know what may block the path, but there is a way around it or through it.
- Beauty can be found in the most unexpected places.
- Sometimes you have to get a little dirty. (Thanks to many muddy spots I learned this well)
- The beginning is exciting; the end is welcomed, but it’s the journey on the trail that grows you.